Using Nitrous - Dos & Donts
Your body depends on a steady flow of oxygen. Oxygen is your friend (unless
you're a single celled animal, in which case oxygen is incredibly toxic) --
you want to continue breathing. Oxygen doesn't interfere with your nitrous
trip, it keeps you alive. Sit down, breathe, spin, laugh; its GOOD to
- Sit down
- Hyperventilate a bit to get your oxygen levels up
- Have someone clearheaded use the cracker
- Take some air with your nitrous
- Pass the balloon to someone else
- Hold your breath
- Strap a gas mask to your face. If you pass out, you want your body
to get oxygen. Yes, people have died doing this.
- Put any sort of bag over your head. If you pass out, you want to breathe. Yes, people have died doing this.
(1999 at MIT and VA Tech)
- Lock yourself in a room, closet, car, or refrigerator with a tank of
nitrous and open it. Yes, people have died doing this.
(1991 at MIT
- Stand up and do it. Stay away from open windows.
- Try to inhale N20 directly from whippits, or point escaping gas
at anyone. The gas WILL give you frost burn. Balloon broke? Try a condom
or a garbage bag!
- Use a large tank without a regulator or which isn't strapped down.
- Use a tank when you're high. Seriously. You're going to burn your hands.
- Use homemade nitrous. Unless
you are a chemist, you're likely to get a load of rubbish like NO2, H2NO3,
and other yummy toxic things.
- Bogart the cracker. Everyone wants another too! No one likes a bong
hoarder, and no one likes a Nitrous Whore.
- Be an addict. If you do 20 at a party, you're not an addict. If you've
got a coffee can in your room full of empties and you trip on them on the floor when you get up -- uh, check the mirror.